The S. and A. Bovallius Foundation promotes education and employment of students with special needs. The Foundation provides vocational special needs education and training at Bovallius Vocational College and owns a social enterprise Bovallius-Palvelut Oy. The Foundation manages the funds bequeathed by the Bovallius sisters, including forests and real estate.

History

Sofia and Angelique Bovallius were two unmarried ladies who lived in Pieksämäki in the 19th century. They bequeathed their fortune to promoting education and employment for deaf girls. Education started in 1905 at the Nikkarila Farm in Pieksämäki, Finland.

Educational provision expanded in 2009, when two other vocational special needs education colleges were incorporated into Bovallius Vocational College. In addition to Pieksämäki in Eastern Finland, the College also now has large units in Jyväskylä, Central Finland, and in Turku, Southwest Finland, as well as smaller units in several other locations.

Contacts:

Managing Director
Mia Sarpolahti
+ 358 40 635 3532
mia.sarpolahti (a) bovallius.fi